Need Help Choosing a Bird Toy?
To help you choose the right size perch, bird toy, or other bird supplies, we try to give you the dimensions such as width, length, diameter, or overall size of an item to help you know whether it will work for your bird. We have also provided a key legend at the bottom of most items to help you decide if it is the right size for your bird.
However birds are individuals and can vary in size, so if you are unsure of an item, please email us and we will be happy to help you choose the right size item for your particular bird.
Our toy size guide is a recommended guide to help you choose appropriate size toys for your bird. It does not guarantee any toy is perfect for your particular bird. If your bird is a rough and tumble kind of playful bird, then choosing toys for larger size birds might be more appropriate. If your bird plays very gently with its toys, you may find some of the smaller size toys also appropriate for a larger bird. Always supervise your bird with any new toy to be sure it is safe and a good choice for your bird.
The average large cockatoo or macaw can have approximately 500 pounds of bite pressure per square inch, and a Hyacinth as much as 1,000 pounds of bite pressure per square inch. It is important to always supervise and observe your parrot with any new toy to be sure it is appropriate for your particular parrot as some parrots are rougher than others when playing.
Please note that bird toys are non-returnable items as they can not be disinfected. If you are not sure of the correct size for your bird, drop us an email and we will be happy to make some suggestions based on your particular bird's likes and needs.
Our sizing codes can also be applied to perches, carriers, and other products.
If you are not sure of the correct size for your bird, drop us an email and we will be happy to make some suggestions based on your particular bird's likes and needs.
- tiny size recommended for Canaries and Fiches.
- extra small size recommended for birds such as Budgies-Parakeets, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, and similar sized birds.
- small size recommended for small birds such as Cockatiels, Conures, Quakers, Senegals, Caiques, Rainbow Lorikeets, and similar sized birds.
- medium size recommended for medium size birds such as Jardines, Mini Macaws, Timneh Greys, small Amazons, Goffin Cockatoos, smaller Eclectus, and similar sized birds.
- large size recommended for larger birds such as Amazons, Congo Greys, Cockatoos, and similar sized parrots.
- extra large size recommended for the larges parrots such as large Cockatoos and Macaws.