Safety Tips PTFE
Non-Stick Cookware Poisoning Deadly PTFE
Having personally witnessed the death of a friend's birds when she innocently used a new drip pan to broil some steaks in her oven, I can say it is a horrible tragedy to happen. Several budgies in a room off the kitchen with a door shut between all died as well as several cockatiels in an adjoining dining room. The only bird to survive was an amazon in a back bedroom with the door closed. He spent several days in the hospital but did survive the ordeal. Nothing can describe the horror the owner went through losing her beloved birds.
If you would like to learn more about this danger to our birds check out some of the following links:
Link on dangers of Teflon
Teflon is Poison - Taken from ABC News.
This very informative site contains a library of links to various sites giving the real facts on the deadly effects of PTFE. Starlingtalk.com